Vicki Doe Fitness.com of Haywood Doe Consulting Co., LLC.: DBA Vicki Doe Fitness is a multimedia health and wellness forum to discuss, teach, implement and participate in healthy living. This platform was created based on the many years of the health wellness company going out into the community developing nutrition, exercise, and health programs and realizing that people wanted a place to discuss and ask real questions; “one on one” with the health providers, and the exercise/ nutrition experts.
Folks wanted to talk about their problems, and get honest, “keeping it real” answers from their health wellness experts. They also wanted to hear what others had to say. They wanted encouragement and social support from others who were as themselves trying to commit to living a healthy lifestyle.
Our mission is to provide a platform for individuals and communities to participate and enjoy the “art of healthy living”. On this interactive website, we want individuals to get involved in this healthy living movement, learn, discuss, and do what is in their best interest. We provide research-based health wellness information through various ways:
- written articles
- podcast shows
- online health fitness coaching/training/specialty boot-camps*** COMING SOON!!
for folks to integrate into their everyday lives. At the end of the day, we want individuals to realize that doing something healthy and beneficial for themselves everyday will yield positive health outcomes. “Step by Step to a better you”
This for profit health and wellness company was founded by Dr. Vicki Haywood Doe in 1997 with the name of Vicki Doe Fitness Arts Studio in Youngstown Northeast Ohio area. It started as a small fitness studio catering to health and fitness issues of the underrepresented population- African Americans and minorities and to the community at large.
Today, our company has evolved into a health wellness consulting company with the name of Haywood Doe Consulting Co. LLC: DBA Vicki Doe Fitness- (name as of 2012) that specializes in designing/ implementing lifestyle interventions, medical exercise services, health promotion and lifestyle education specifically for special populations*- (elderly, children, overweight/obese, or high-risk individuals with chronic diseases) for on-site health wellness programs-including businesses, churches, schools, and organizations etc.
Haywood Doe Consulting Co. LLC : DBA Vicki Doe Fitness is dedicated to providing research-based knowledge of medicine, fitness and science to the community at large through the development of medically integrated fitness/ wellness programs, initiatives, events, health promotion and health education that focus on prevention, and healthy living for apparently healthy, high-risk individuals, special populations (i.e. elderly, weight loss, cardiac rehab, those who have chronic diseases) for on-site health/wellness programs.
We embrace the concept of ” the total well-being” taking a holistic approach when we create sustainable programs to enhance and impact our quality of life. We realize that to improve health and wellness we need to not only focus on physical health but mental health, financial health, and other lifestyle components that contribute to an individual’s total well-being. This approach will yield better measurable health outcomes.
Our Scope of Practice
Our responsibility as certified exercise physiologists, exercise specialists, medical exercise professionals, health fitness coaches, nutritionists, dietitians and healthcare professionals is to operate professionally within each of our individual scope of practice. At Haywood Doe Consulting Co. LLC: DBA Vicki Doe Fitness, these are the roles of each participating health wellness professional. The role of the..……
- Certified exercise physiologist, exercise specialist, medical exercise professional- is to develop safe, effective, structured, protocol guideline- based exercise only prescriptions, programming, and treatment for apparently healthy clients as well as clients with medical conditions/medically controlled diseases-special populations* who have medical clearance by their healthcare providers for independent or supervised exercise training.
- Nutritionist, registered licensed dietitian- is to develop and perform nutrition assessments, nutrition interventions using evidence based nutrition practice guidelines to enhance the health and well-being of clients including Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) with, in our case, specific focus on weight management and obesity, diabetes, hypertension, wellness and prevention, and sustainable healthy eating.
- Medical Consultant- is to ensure that all of the health wellness interventions, programs, practices, and education at Haywood Doe Consulting Co., LLC: DBA Vicki Doe Fitness operate under the evidence-based medicine protocols and guidelines with emphasis on exercise and healthy nutrition for the prevention and treatment of lifestyle diseases; however upholding that each health wellness professional performs professionally within their scope of practice.
Research has shown that both exercise and healthy nutrition play a critical role in the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. Individuals with chronic diseases may have unique challenging limitations.
However, both exercise and healthy nutrition can provide significant health fitness functional outcomes such as:
- reduced disease symptoms
- lower blood pressure
- lower HbA1C and blood glucose
- lower cholesterol levels
- increased cardiovascular fitness
- increased muscular strength and flexibility
- decreased body mass index (BMI)
- reduced medication reliance
- and overall enhancement of quality of life
We provide these health wellness services in various ways:
- Informative workshops/seminars-(nutrition education, health promotion, and health education)
- Lifestyle interventions for special populations**
- Medical exercise services-medical conditioned based programs**
- Health wellness consulting-customized services including wellness initiatives, corporate wellness, events, and etc.
- Interactive health wellness website- Vicki Doe Fitness-www.vickidoefitness.com
- Health Wellness research
** Lifestyle Interventions/all of our programs can be customized specifically with a certain focus in mind, or for specific needs.
- Speaker/Writer –online or in-print
- Health Wellness Business networking/training/coaching
- Fitness Center Design consulting-building a new center/ or renovating an existing facility
Learn more about Our Services
President/CEO/Health Fitness Director
Vicki Haywood Doe PhD, ACSM-EP-C, MES- certified exercise physiologist, health fitness specialist/medical exercise specialist
Nathaniel S Doe MD, FACP- medical healthcare provider/hypertension and kidney specialist
Anne H Gilstrap MS, RD, LD- registered and licensed dietitian
Fitness Wellness Coordinator
Isaac Floyd BS- Master’s candidate in Nutrition
Other staff and consultants
We have an independent professional healthcare and fitness network of trained educators, certified exercise physiologists, nutritionists, health fitness graduate assistants/students, contractors, medical exercise professionals and medical healthcare providers that partner with us.
How May We Help You?
How to start
For more specific information about our interactive workshops, medical fitness programming, consulting and other customized services contact Haywood Doe Consulting Co. LLC: DBA Vicki Doe Fitness. We would be delighted to schedule an initial consultation to discuss and answer any questions that you may have about any of our programs and services. Look forward to hearing from you.